Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Happy Labor Day Weekend.


Spent Labor Day weekend hanging out with my boogerbutt (aka: Cailin) and some friends.  

Got some sun. Ate some awesome food. Laughed a lot.

It was just what I needed.  


Started off with Friday-Took Cailin to the doctor's office to get her
4 year old vaccinations.  We were there for 2 hours.  Sitting in a waiting room 
for 2 hours with a restless child is NOT fun.  But, luckily Cailin was good for me
up until we finally got called and went to the nurses' station.
She saw the needles and proceeded to scream bloody f*cking murder
cry a little bit.  Then the nurse asked me to hold her down so 
she could give the vaccines. 

OH-KAY.

I think I still have bruises on my arms from her flailing about so wildly.
I'm sure I've traumatized my child from ever going back to the doctor's office,
again.

And I'm almost positive I got looks of death from every single parent
sitting in the waiting room with their children, waiting for vaccines as well.

Way to go, Cailin.


Saturday, went to a pool party at a friend's house, ate yummy ribs, potato and pasta salad, 
and swam a whole lot, 
in hot as crap weather.



Cailin loves her new floaties. (those crazy red blow up things on her arms)

She, however, does not like me letting go of her so she can float on her own
in the pool.  

I'm RIGHT THERE within grabbing distance!  She needs to learn how to swim! 

Towards the end of our time in the pool, 
she started notscreamingbloodyf*ckingmurder,
*ahem* only whimpering a little bit,
when I would let go of her and coax her to kick her legs and swim towards me.

Then she didn't want to leave the pool.  

Go figure. 

Sunday I had to work split shifts.  Sunday is a blur to me, between all the dog poop and pee,
I pretty much went in, did my job, left. Ate lunch, took a nap, then repeat.

Monday, it started thunderstorming first thing in the morning. 

LOVE THUNDERSTORMS!


Something about lightning and thunder makes me smile.

Other people, makes them cringe because they know the roads will be slammed,
their backyard will be flooded, power will go out....etc.

Me?  
I love the smell of rain in the air. 

It is probably my most favorite smell of all.....rain. 

I am weird sometimes....or do you agree with me?

My friend AnnMarie asked me if I wanted to do a photoshoot for her portfolio-
a mommy-daughter photoshoot. 

I was down - rain or sun!

So we went. 

She did an awesome job! Cailin is a difficult model-she likes to take pictures on her
OWN terms....not anybody else's.  

But regardless, we had fun.

Here's some snaps of that day.






And now it's back to work. Back to school.

Back to reality. 


:-)







2 comments:

  1. Love the photos of you and Cailin, and I LOVE thunderstorms too. My favorite scent of all time is freshly cut grass, so I appreciate that yours is not something artificial but from nature as well

    ReplyDelete