Sunday, October 16, 2011

Sunday update

Lots has happened in the last couple weeks.  I'm just trying to play catch-up with everything. So here goes a quickie update:



My wonderful Dad turned 77 years old.  



We celebrated his birthday with close family and friends,
Mom's homemade Indian cuisine, 
and tiramisu cake.

I brought Tango and Cailin up for the festivities. It was loads of fun, 
almost a mini-vacay for me.  I needed to be around
my family at the time, and this was perfect.


My Dad and his granddaughter.
On cloud nine.

Can you guess who she's got wrapped around her tiny little pinkie finger?


This weekend, I unfortunately had to work starting Saturday....but I had Friday off, so I called 
my friend Maggie up, and we went out to lunch in Little Italy in downtown.

There's this fabulous place that specializes in crepes called Fabrison's.  They also have fantastic
coffee as well. It was the perfect place for me and Maggie to grab a bite to eat.

Here's some shots:

Our mocha lattes.

Maggie had no idea I was taking this shot.

Healthy-choice crepes:  egg whites, mushrooms, spinach, brie, and roasted red pepper sauce.

Mouth-watering-AMAZING.

See?  We were hungry.


After lunch, we walked through Little Italy to go back to the car. 
The only downside to downtown, is the parking. I HATE the parking.

And the one-way-streets.  I could really do without those too.

But, we walked off all that delicious-goodness, through Little Italy.  

Found this cute fountain and decided to take a couple pictures there.




The Little Italy Sign


It was a fun day.  I think Maggie and I both needed it.

Now it's Sunday night, and I'm anxiously waiting for The Walking Dead to finish recording on my dvr
so I can sit back with some leftovers, and relish in the new season premiere. 

Yeah, I'm a zombie nerd.  bite me. 

Onto another week!  Til later........




No comments:

Post a Comment