Friday, October 7, 2011

Fall is upon us....

It's finally October.  My favorite month of the year, and it's finally here.  Fall leaves, the orange and black decorations, the colder weather....October has definitely shown it's face the last few days.  While I could do without the colder weather, I love this month regardless if it's sunny or raining.  I'm sad to say goodbye to bikini season, hot sunny days, pool parties, summer cocktails.....but I'm more than willing to welcome this fall.  Because after fall, comes winter, and after winter....comes the new year. And God knows, I need something good to happen soon, and usually that happens at the beginning of the new year for me.  So yeah I'm waiting impatiently for something good to happen to me....and soon.  

In the meantime, work's been good.  Life has been good.  I find it amusing that people are so quick to assume my life contains much more than it really does.  

My normal routine doesn't vary far from: 
Waking up, walking Tango, getting Cailin to school, me to work, picking her up from school after work, walking Tango again, making dinner, watching tv, going to bed.  
Lather Rinse and Repeat.  

My life is very mundane, but for right now, I like it that way.  Occasionally I enjoy going out with my friends to lunch, which I've made it a point to do more often.  Finding a couple spots in San Diego I probably never would have, if it weren't for them.  (extremely thankful!)  I haven't been out to a bar in over 3 months.  I drink very rarely now....a glass of wine maybe once a week-and it's usually on a day that entirely calls for it.  My adult-time has completely vanished, whenever I hang out with my friends, it's usually playdates or meeting up with friends online to play Call Of Duty a couple times a week(which is something I'm totally addicted to and blame a lot of people for). 

 Doesn't sound so exciting right?  
I'm okay with it.  
This mundane, "boring" life with an occasional "let's grab lunch at this place i found!", is something I'm totally okay with. I like routine, and schedules, and plans.  This is something I can handle for the time being.  Don't need anything else thrown on my plate.... while this life I speak of may sound boring to you, it keeps me busy, keeps my mind off of the nasty things in my life, and makes me happy to look forward to every day.  


With that said, it's time to make some dinner for me and the boogerbutt.  She requested "soy-sauce"chicken, rice, and corn.  Yes... my 4 year old requests dinner menus.  She also requested that we watch The Lion King (which I bought today at TARGET-super excited!!!).  So that will be our lovely little night in.  Or as Cailin likes to call it, "It's a girls club night mommy!"

Well......onto  "Girls Club Night".......  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment